Saturday, Oct 21, 2017
1 – 6 pm
3585 Governor Dr
On Saturday, October 21, 2017, EdUCate! hosted its 9th Annual Oktoberfest at Standley Park on Governor Drive. There were games, food, beverages, music, a bake sale, book sale, booth and a beer & wine garden. Each year Oktoberfest attracts hundreds of San Diego parents, educators, and community members to this fun-filled afternoon that raises money to improve the quality of education in University City public schools.
Oktoberfest 2017 Highlights
- 9th Annual Home Brew Contest!
See the complete ‘Home Brew Contest’ section below for more information. Click here for the Competition Results.
- Beer Garden
We feature a great variety of San Diego brews at this event. Back by popular demand is home-brew tasting, too! The beer is donated, so all proceeds from the beer garden go straight to our schools.
- Dollar A Day VIP
Donate $180 to EdUCate!’s Dollar-A-Day campaign ($1 per school day) and receive unlimited beer, wine and soda pours for two people.
- Games and contests
There will be lots of activities including the rock climbing wall, and best of all, our Principal’s Challenge — where the 5 principals from our U.C. schools compete against each other. Congratulations to Principal Bill Pearson for winning the 2017 Principals’ Challenge for Standley Middle School!
Visit the Food Vendors – A portion of the proceeds go to EdUCate! There will be hot dogs, brats, gourmet nachos and tater tots, kettle corn, shaved ice and pretzels.
- Bake Sale
Do you love to bake? Then please donate to the Bake Sale — all proceeds go to EdUCate!
- Huge Book Sale
Back again this year, a Book Barn booth!
The trolley is back again sponsored by Coldwell Banker UC Agents. The trolley will run the length of Governor Drive from 1 pm to 6 pm.
- 1:00 – 1:30 – UCHS Marching Band/Welcome
- 1:30 – 2:30 – Voices of Authority
- 2:30 – 3:30 – DJ Rick
- 3:30 – Principal’s Challenge
- 3:35 – 3:45 – Standley Marching Band
- 3:45 – 4:45 – Rumba y Soul with UCHS Band Director Brandon Corenman
- 5:00 – 6:00 – Rare Form
Home Brew Contest
- Categories: IPA (21A), Specialty IPA (2B)
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Best of show will be invited to brew with The Homebrewer.
Thank You to Our Major Sponsors
Special Thanks to the County of San Diego Board of Supervisors
Thank You to Our Game Sponsors
- Klassen Painting
- Steve & Terri Gray, Wells Fargo Mortgage, 858.254.1710
- Dualtone Muffler, Brake, and Alignment
- Jemma Samala, TravelHost San Diego
- Paula Magallon Stein, Fidelity National Title, 858.922.0918
- The Huizar Family
- Valerie Upham Realty
- Steve Lyons, State Farm
- Golden Triangle Optometric Center
- Karen Bryan, Retired Spreckels Teacher
- Kyung Hee Taekwondo Academy